Monday, October 09, 2006

Nancy the Irian Jaya Carpet Python


Irian Jaya Carpet Python (Morelia spilota variegata)
I bought two of these from High Plains Herps in Colorado last year. Great people to deal with. I also bought my pair of Canary Island GTPs and a pair of Jungle Carpet pythons from them.
I am hoping to mate her with "Ronnie" in a year or two. This is an older picture of her. She is getting big and her markings and colors are stunning.
These guys are a slender elongate python. Adult generally average about 4-5? feet in total length. The maximum size of this form approaches 6 1/2 feet (2 meters) in total length making them are very manageable snake.
I feed her weaned rats every week without any problems. I prefer to feed all my snakes rats when they are big enough. Especially the Jungle Carpet Pythons (see earlier posts)

No comments: