Monday, February 05, 2007

Lucy turned out to be a BOY

Ah nuts, my pair of Kofiau Green tree python turned out to be both boys. I had ordered 1.1 (male.female) and it turned out to be 2.0 (all males) I had a bad feeling a few months ago when both of them went off feed which is normal for guys to do in the winter. The "Lucy" shed sperm plugs this isn't suppose to happen in girls (Damn Equal Opportunity). The Ricky shed sperm plugs, they were small so I stayed in denial until I went to the vet. ALL MY BAD FEELING HAD BEEN CONFIRMED. I have two boys which would have been great if they were of the human species. I spoke to the guy I bought them from (and several other snakes) before the visit to the vet and he said if they in fact turn out to both be boys then he would make good on the deal right when more came in to the country. He said that as far as he knows none have been brought into the US for 9 or more months. Then I heard that a group of snake hunters went searching for this species on Kofiau Island and the surrounding areas for one month and all they found were 3 snakes in all. Not having a really good feeling here. WISH ME LUCK

No comments: